Introduction Speech to My School

Today the teachers asked me to introduce myself to the school! I’m not sure why they have me do it 3 months after I arrive, but ok sure!! So I got to talk to over 4000 students, and I was just a little nervous! Below is my “speech” I guess you could call it! I started off by talking in English really really fast, then asked them if they understood (cow jai mai ka?) then laughed and said just kidding!! (law lin!) Heyteachersandfriends!I’mMeganMaierandI’mfromAmerica.MystateisMichiganandmytownisMio.IreallyreallylikeThailandandIloveeveryoneheretheyaresofriendly!I’vebeenhere3monthsnowandwillbeherefor8more.I’msoexcited! Cow jai mai ka? LAW LIN!!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sah wut dee a-jon lae puren puren Rayongwittayakom!---------------------- Chun cheu Malliga Pitutacha lat un-grit cheu Megan Maier.------------------- Chun ma jak prated Ahmaerika, rat Michigan.--------------------------- Chun you meung Thai sam duan lao, lae ja you eek bat duan.--------------- Chun chop mung Thai MAK MAK! Phraw muang Thai soo-aye!--------------- Chun chop poot passah Thai, dta poot Thai die nit noy.----------------------- Kon Thai na-rarak lat jai dee mak!------------------------------------------ Chun chop nang songtail bpai long-rian, sanook mak!------------------------ Ta chun glap bpai Ahmayrika, chun kit-tueng mung Thai mak mak!--------- Korp koon sam lap mit-ta parp kong took kon. ------------------------------ Cow jai mai ka?--------------------------------------------------------------- Korp koon ka!!--------------------------------------------------------------------- ************************TRANSLATION************************* Hello teachers and many friends of Rayongwittayakom. (my school’s name) My name is Malliga Pitutacha, and in English it’s Megan Maier. I am from America, and my state is Michigan. I’ve been in Thailand 3 months now, and will be here for 8 more months. I like Thailand SO MUCH because it is beautiful! I like to speak Thai, but I can only speak a little. Thai people are so cute and so friendly! I like to go to school by songtail (truck back) it is so much fun! When I go back to America, I will miss Thailand so much! Thank you all for your friendship. Did you understand? Thank you! Some of the teachers were so happy for me to speak Thai, they asked me if I would do anouncements for the school 2 days a week from now on!! WOW! That was really exciting!! I thought this was pretty funny, so I brought Reeses to school to share with some friends (thanks mom by the way)...and they were completely DEVOURED!!! Here like 6 of my friends are fighting for the last spot of chocolate on the last one!! Looks like I know what to give them from now on! This is a picture of some 'fighting' they acted out for the school. 10 students from Singapore came to our school for a week, and this was like a welcoming ceremony for them! They had four people that fought, they fought along with this exciting music and it was really done well! Yeah so I'm finaly back in school now! Just finished with my first week! It was a great week! My Thai has improved SO much over my 2 month break, and now I can talk to anybody! It's hard to make good convorsation if they don't know a little bit of English, but still, it's so great to be able to communicate with a whole bunch of new people and make even more friends!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great Job Megan on the Thai!!!!!
I was surprised you didn't report on the buffalo festival

Chuck