!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SONGKRAN FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Songkran in Thailand consists of around a weeks worth of activities! The biggest days are the 13th-15th where everyone fills the streets and throws water at eachother ALL DAY!! Traditionally, children would sit at the feet of older people with a bowl of scented water, pour water in their elder’s hands to bless and cool them in this the hottest time of the year, and then receive a blessing from them. And then they wish eachother happiness, long life and good health. But as the years have gone on...it's turned into a huge fest of soaking eachother with water!! They asked me to be Miss Songkran in my town on this day and be in the parade!! So they worked on my face for 1 HOUR!!! In Thai dress doing the traditional "wai" My host parents and I and King Tucksin. With my host dad's grandmother! She is around 90 and is INCREDIBLE! This is King and I with the Mayor of my city infront of our float!! People splashing water on eachother!! In this picture is a FALUNG!! :D The city was filled with people riding aroudn in truck backs with huge buckets of water pouring on passing trucks and people on the sidewalk! Host mom and I!!! :D

Comments